”All Christmas Radio” is a modern internet radio receiver, which will enable you to listen to numerous Christmas internet radio stations from all over the world. Enjoy now with ”All Christmas Radio”!
Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual holiday generally celebrated on December 25 by billions of people around the world. It is a Christian feast that commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, liturgically closing the Advent season and initiating the season of Christmastide, which lasts twelve days. In much of the world’s nations Christmas is a civil holiday, is celebrated by an increasing amount of non-Christians, and is an integral part of the Christmas and holiday season.
The precise day of Jesus’ birth, which historians place between 7 and 2 BC, is unknown. In the early-to-mid 4th century, the Christian Church in the West first placed Christmas on December 25, a date later adopted also in the East. Theories advanced to explain that choice include that it falls nine months after the Christian celebration of the conception of Jesus, that it was the date of the Roman winter solstice, or of some ancient winter festival.
The original date of the celebration in the East was January 6 (see Epiphany) and that is still the date of the celebration in Armenia, where it is a public holiday, and for the Armenian Apostolic Church.
In the present century there is a difference of 13 days between the Julian Calendar and the more generally used Gregorian Calendar. Those who use the Julian calendar or its equivalents thus celebrate December 25 and January 6 on what for the majority of people is January 7 and January 19. For this reason, Ethiopia celebrates Christmas, both as a Christian feast and as a public holiday on what in the Gregorian Calendar is January 7.
Many of the popular celebratory customs associated in various countries with Christmas have pre-Christian or secular themes and origins. Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift-giving, music, an exchange of Christmas cards, church celebrations, a special meal, and the display of various decorations; including Christmas trees, lights, garlands, mistletoe, nativity scenes, and holly. In addition, several figures, known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, and Santa Claus, among other names, are associated with bringing gifts to children during the Christmas season.
* No banners, No advertising;
* Simple, quick and easy-to-use interface;
* users can search for radio stations by country;
* users can search for radio stations by name;
* users can search for radio stations by keyword(s);
* users can search for radio stations in A-Z Index;
* users can specify a background image in the audio player – including photos;
* users can add radio stations into the database;
* users can update info about radio stations in the database;
* users can add radio stations to ’Favorites’;
* the application can work in the background (multitasking support for iOS 4+);
* automatic updates of the interface;
* automatic updates of radio stations database;
* automatic reconnect on loss of connection;
* automated checking of audio streams’ availability (users are provided with accessible audio streams only);
* high quality of sound.
* Alarm Clock (radio station turns on/off at the time selected by the user);
* Sleep timer (radio station turns on/off by means of a timer);
* Share on Twitter function;
* Share on Facebook function;
* Tell a friend function;
* Feedback function;
* Possibility to export favorites from Free version;
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
iOS 3.0 or later.